Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Regional Human Resources Manager to provide “hands-on” support and guidance to designated locations within a region. We are considering locating this position in Columbus, OH, Nashville, TN or San Antonio, TX.
The HR Manager will manage HR responsibilities for a designated region, consult and advise field management and HR representatives within a region on various matters, and work closely with Corporate HR management on specific initiatives. Some overnight travel will be required. Duties and responsibilities will be based on providing support to multiple television stations in all functional areas of HR, including but not limited to the following:
- Managing HR operations within a region and functioning as an on-site HR representative
- Coaching and advising management on issues such as employee performance and development, addressing employee concerns, and disciplinary actions
- Investigating complaints
- Addressing and resolving routine HR matters
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Administration of leave
- Providing guidance on recruitment and hiring
- Conducting new hire orientation
- Providing guidance to employees on benefit programs
- Conducting employee exit processes, including exit interviews
- Safety and workers compensation
- Personnel recordkeeping
- Conducting field visits and HR audits
- Follow through with and execute Corporate HR assignments and initiatives
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program of study.
5+ years of HR generalist experience. Broadcast or related media experience preferred.
Ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills, able to work independently and have excellent communication skills.
Solid experience with Microsoft Office is expected and Oracle HRIS experience is a plus.